Thursday, March 29, 2012
A Post About Bunnies
I decided the boys needed to get out and move some as their cage is a bit cramped. They had the entire backyard at their disposal and boy howdy did they have a ball! However, they had to earn their freedom by being nice little bunnies who would tolerate little girls holding them and cuddling them. :oP
The boys did chase each other for a time, but, for the most part, they went their separate ways.
They seemed to have a marvelous time and I'm more than happy to let them out to run some more. Holly, however, has different ideas about that. She was desperate to get out with them--I'm not sure if it was to chase and eat them, or simply to play. I brought her out on a lead and let them sniff one another, and Pablo kept trying to charge her. It was fabulous! Ever seen a dog scared of an eensy bunny? :oP
The bunnies provided a welcome relief from the stress of the day. My relative has been moved to a hospice facility so the waiting begins. I've been worried about my family as the events of the day have played out.
I also had to have that little cavity filled this morning--not the best way to start the day. Ugh. I came home to find raisin bran all over the kitchen floor, a crayon bucket upended in the kitchen, a book basket dumped all over the living room floor, and bunny hay all over the laundry room.
Deciding I just didn't have the energy to tackle all that at the moment, I pulled on my workout clothes, strapped Ellie in the stroller and headed out for a bit of stress release.
Tomorrow sees me doing laundry, mowing and cleaning the bathrooms and the upstairs. I'm off my weekly cleaning schedule since I was away from home the past couple of days. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things next week.
1. My relative getting the help she needs from Hospice. There is something amazing about hospice facilities--there is such a sense of peace and calm. I swear the place is filled with angels, and not just the ones who work there masquerading as nurses. :o)
2. The bunnies. Oh sweet mercy are the utterly adorable.
3. The girls (all five of them) and their joy and delight with the bunnies. Their faces were so filled with happiness it was a sight to behold.
4. Beanie's cold seems to be on the mend.
5. Beanie and I saw two adult cotton tails on our walk this morning.
6. Holly finally got a haircut (or scalping if you will--she wiggles a lot, what can I say?).
7. "Scramble with Friends". Holy smokes is that addictive!! I play with Jessie and while she mostly kicks my patootie all over the place, I manage a win here or there. If you like Boggle, you'll love this. My user name is mom2lid if you are on and want to play with me. :o)