|Lily the "bear rug"|
The child never had a fever. She barely complained about a sore throat, had no vomiting (minus that one incident in the car on the way to the 'burg), and seemed to be in the pink of health other than some allergy issues. I assumed her symptoms were allergy related since I hadn't refilled her Nasonex prescription.
Once again, "assumed" being the operative word. :sigh:
They swabbed her and Jen came in and said, it's so faint it almost shouldn't count, but it's there. She gave Lil a thorough once over and said since she technically has strep she needed something so prescribed a z-pack.
Lil wasn't allowed to return to school (and I'm feeling insanely guilty for having exposed Lil's classmates for however many days she's had this) for the rest of the day but will return tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Beanie slept the night through but awoke one feverishly sick puppy. She was over 102 this morning and was dosed with ibuprofen. Within an hour she was running around like the little tornado she is. ;o) B offered to stay home to help with her today so I could take Lil to the doctor and not have to take Beanie too. That was quite sweet of him, as I was able to get the grocery shopping done as well.
1. Everyone has been checked out now--except me. I'm sure I'm fine.
2. Brien staying home to help out today was wonderful.
3. The buns have a new home B's been working on.
4. Thunder storms. I used to loathe them, now they remind me of my Monkey-girl.
5. I got the BEST blackberries from TJ's today. I want to make a cobbler. Now to find a recipe. Can you believe I don't have a blackberry cobbler recipe?!?